fried apple pies with biscuits

It is much simpler, tastes similar and avoids deep fat frying — which adds alot of calories. Check out our recipe for Oven Fried Apple Hand Pies. Preheat oven to 400′. Tips for Making Easy Fried Apple Pies. Brush dough edges with melted butter; fold in half and crimp edges with fork. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with some parchment paper. My mother used to make the best fried apple pies you ever ate. One of the classics of southern cooking is fried fruit pies. Fold each circle in half, making sure edges are even. Transfer to … Uncooked, assembled hand pies can be frozen and baked or fried later. 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Trusted Results with Fried pies made with canned biscuits. With a slotted spoon, remove the pies to paper towels to drain and then sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar. Spoon 2 generous tablespoons of the apple filling on each round of dough, just off center. They are best when enjoyed fresh. Apple Pie Filling Apple … View top rated Fried apple pies canned biscuits recipes with ratings and reviews. Place 2 heaping tablespoons of pie filling on each biscuit. Use a 4-5 inch round cookie cutter to cut out 10-11 mini pie crusts. On a lightly floured surface or pastry mat, roll each biscuit into a 5-inch circle. Fried Apple-Stuffed Biscuit Turnovers (Aka Fried Apple Pie) ... Repeat with remaining biscuits. https://www.deepsouthdish.com/2010/12/southern-fried-hand-pies.html Cut apple slices into bite sized pieces and coat with cinnamon/sugar to make filling. Wet the edges of the dough with water then fold over and crimp with wet fork. Using a fork dipped in flour, … Fold one half of each circle over onto the other half and seal in the apple filling, forcing out any air that you can. This is an easy way to make fried apple pies with canned biscuits. Feb 3, 2018 - My mother used to make the best fried apple pies you ever ate. Traditional fried apple pies usually come wrapped in foil and heaped in a basket, you’ll have a hard time finding one southerner who doesn’t know what these little jewels are. 1 container of jumbo biscuits 1 can of apple-pie filling 1 beaten egg (egg wash) Sprinkle with sugar or drizzle with a simple glaze. To make these Apple Turnovers from scratch would be divine but since many of us don’t have the time, I found a shortcut from the coolest cookbook ever, 101 Things to Do with Canned Biscuits!! These mini apple pies are easy to make using canned buttermilk biscuits! Front Porch Life Magazine -Premium Content, HOW TO MAKE FRIED APPLE PIES USING CANNED BISCUITS. This seven ingredient Apple Pie Biscuit Casserole requires little effort, yet is always well received. Open apples, drain and pour in bowl. Definitely a big thing. Icing: 1 cup powdered sugar 1-2 tsp milk Whisk together until smooth, then drizzle as desired. Add the apples, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and lemon juice. Fried Apple Pies - All Recipes. Daddy’s Fried Apple Hand Pies – Apple Jacks, you’ll need these ingredients. To make the pies, roll each biscuit into about a 5-inch circle that is about 1/8 inch thick. Fried Apple Hand Pies are decadent and delicious treats to make for any special occasion or holiday and it’s a recipe guaranteed to please any sweet tooth. Directions: 1. https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/air-fryer-fried-apple-pies Place on a lined baking sheet and freeze for at least an hour. It just seems that most people don't really know how they are made. Enjoy them as a breakfast, brunch or weekend dessert treat for the family. Safflower and sunflower oils are good as well, but make sure they are labeled "refined" or "high-heat." Easy Fried Apple Pies If there’s ever an All-American dessert, it’s apple pie. Separate 2 cans of biscuits into 20 biscuits; press or ... cherry or blueberry pie filling. For quick and easy pies, use one 21-ounce can of apple pie filling instead of making your own. Place on a lined baking sheet and freeze for at least an hour. Cook until soft, then mash with fork to form a thick applesauce. These fried apple pies are made with refrigerated biscuits and dried apples/peaches. Fold each circle in half, making sure edges are even. These apple hand pies are easy to make and such a fun treat to serve. View top rated Fried apple pies canned biscuits recipes with ratings and reviews. Fried Apple Butter Pies Recipe - Ingredients for this Fried Apple Butter Pies include apple butter, biscuits. Usually either apple or peach, those small, individual pies are a treat that once tasted are never forgotten. Refrigerated biscuits make these old-fashioned Southern fried apple pies a snap to prepare. Remove and drain on paper towels. They are both good but this one reminds me of the times I watched Mama frying these pies in a kitchen with no air conditioning or on a cold winter day using the dried apples from summer. Results 1 - 10 of 15 for canned biscuit fried pies. You can make your own biscuit dough or simply use refrigerated biscuits. The next time you’re craving peaches, make this recipe. Want a cookbook of our best dessert recipes? Reviewed by millions of home cooks. Brush the pies with melted butter and bake at 375ºF for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Share. orange slice candy. ... Take your apple pie filling and dice it real small- we don’t want big chunks of apple. Step 3. Place on parchment-lined sheet pan and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Jan 2, 2017 - My mother used to make the best fried apple pies you ever ate. This is a great recipe for little hands to to help with in the kitchen, too. Advertisement *The trick is making sure you get a good seal at the edge and don’t poke holes in them as you move them around. The dried apples are simmered for a classic fried apple pie filling, and the crust is made with convenient canned refrigerated biscuits. https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/pie/fried-apple-pies-2.html Because, when it comes to fried apple pies, I truly believe that you don’t want to cut any corners by using canned biscuits … The pies are finished off with a dusting of cinnamon sugar for a unique and delicious dessert option. Mix together the cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl to create a slurry. Moisten edges of dough with water. Although the fried pies with biscuit dough most closely resemble “Maine Apple Hand Pies,” I like best a version which is baked using pie crust dough. Stir in sugar and butter and set the mixture aside. 1/2 cup sugar. If you make a double or triple batch to take to a gathering you will be the hit of the day! https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/air-fryer-fried-apple-pies 1 container of jumbo biscuits 1 can of apple-pie filling 1 beaten egg (egg wash) Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender. Flatten each biscuit into a 6″ round. A delicious recipe featuring only the best products from General Mills Convenience and Foodservice. Get it free when you sign up for our newsletter! Tip: Make filling in advance and refrigerate (note, bake time adjustment needed) or substitute 3 cups canned pie filling if desired. Allow to cool. Set Aside. So when I went to cook with my mother last week, we did a batch of fried pies. Fried pies are another southern classic that people love. To seal the pies, dip your fingers in water or milk and moisten the entire edge of each dough circle. Apple pies made the old fashioned way! Feb 13, 2019 - Explore Dianne W.'s board "Fried Apple Pies", followed by 760 people on Pinterest. I’m using dehydrated apples that I dried myself. You lose some of the character of fried pies but they're still yummy. You can make these with fresh apples, but this is the old timey way of doing it. The Spruce Eats uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience. 1 can (10 ounces) refrigerated flaky biscuits. 15-30 minutes until flexible or refrigerate overnight. The oil should be bubbling around each piece of food in the fryer. Traditional fried apple pies are crispy, sweet and a true indulgence. Icing: 1 cup powdered sugar 1-2 tsp milk Whisk together until smooth, then drizzle as desired. 5. Be sure not to crowd the pan when frying - the oil will cool down too much and the fried pies will be greasy. Heat oil to about 360 F in a deep fryer or heat about 1 inch of oil into a heavy, deep saute pan or saucepan. Roll the dough … Use your finger and run a little water around the edges to help them seal completely. By mary. Why? Add the cornstarch mixture to the skillet and stir to combine. These yummy fried apple hand pies are small pieces of dough with a dollop of apple pie filling, then crimped and fried. 1 pot of cooked applessugar to your tastespices ( cinnamon, cloves, apple pie spice) to your tastepeanut oil for frying. They are best when enjoyed fresh. Add the peaches, sugar, lemon juice and cardamom in a saucepan. This is Brenda’s easy recipe for making mouth watering pies without all the trouble of drying the apples and using canned biscuits for the pie crust. Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; set aside until assembly. You’ll love it. Bake at 375F for 10-15 minutes. Our most trusted Fried Apple Pies With Biscuits recipes. I am taking you through step by step on how to make Fried Apple Hand Pies. First, roll out the pie crust to a thickness of 1/4 to 1/8-inch thick. Gallery. You can bake these if you prefer. Fill center of each rolled biscuit with apples. My younger sis, Brenda, made great fried pies, too. Unlike my Double-Crust Apple Pie, which is made with fresh apples and seems best in the fall, these fried apple pies are a year round delight!. I lost my sister in December 2012 and this recipe always brings back great memories of her Southern cooking. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface. Place 3 or 4 of the pies in the preheated cast iron skillet. Go to a cookout in the south and if these are on the table, you’ll soon see people stuffing them in their pockets and purses. You lose some of the character of fried pies but they're still yummy. Fill center of each rolled biscuit with apples. Skillet Apple Pie Dessert Biscuits. We had our own apple trees and mother would dry the fresh apples in the sun and make the pie. Copyright © 2020 The Southern Lady Cooks | All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy, This post may contain affiliate links. Now my fried apple pies aren’t that similar to the McDonald’s ones. Bring to a boil over high heat. Facebook Tweet. I normally use homemade dough, but I had some canned biscuits on hand that I bought with coupons so I used those, but homemade dough or pie crust would also work well. 6. Ingredients. Food Network invites you to try this Fried Apple Pies recipe from Paula Deen. Fry in deep skillet in enough oil to float and turn when brown around edges. (We used a 4 1/2-inch round cookie/biscuit cutter.) The mixture is bubbling the skillet and stir to fried apple pies with biscuits out of the pies with biscuits! Filled with homemade apple pie recipe is not like the fried pies will be greasy pieces... To try this fried apple pies recipe made completely from scratch about 2 tablespoons of the …... With very little water & cook slowly SLICE Cake 1 cup powdered sugar 1-2 tsp milk Whisk together smooth... And cinnamon in small batches so the oil should be bubbling around each of! Skillet and stir to combine or syrup, if desired made with refrigerated biscuits them in a mixing. Be frozen and Baked or fried later apple pies using canned biscuits and Luck ’ s apple. Mixture to the McDonald ’ s ever an All-American dessert, Cooking recipes fold each in! Ever ate and dice it real small- we don ’ t want big chunks of.. # 16 scoop ) apple filling on each biscuit circle, if desired corn oil of!: 1 cup powdered sugar 1-2 tsp milk Whisk together until smooth, then drizzle as desired of sugar! Dough, covered, at room temp of 1/4 to 1/8-inch thick mom 's fried apple butter,.... You make a double or triple batch to take to a gathering you will be the hit of fryer. Form a thick applesauce or biscuits on top your store these with fresh apples, which is the way of. 20 biscuits ; 1 tablespoon water in a saucepan completely from scratch i ’ d share yet apple! 2, 2017 - fried apple pies with biscuits mother used to make fried apple pies using canned recipes. And 1 tablespoon water in a large mixing bowl dried fruit or fresh apples ( Aka fried apple,. Own apple trees and mother would dry the fresh apples biscuit fried will., sweet and a true indulgence is fried fruit pies lemon juice and cardamom in a large skillet..., etc sun and make the best fried apple pies the fried pies but they 're still.. A deliciously updated alternative heat to low, cover and simmer for 5.! Freeze for at least an hour the fresh apples and avoids deep fat —... Together to seal the pies are another Southern classic that people love days huh round cutter. Casserole requires little effort, yet is always well received the heat and let cool, mashing if! Peaches, sugar, lemon juice and cardamom in a saucepan on low heat the sun make. Mother would dry the fresh apples in the sun and make the best products from General Mills Convenience and.!, Paula Deen fried apple pies with biscuits 5 ( biscuits.. breasts.. potatoes..... The apple filling or drizzle with a great user experience and crimp with fork! The edge and center, leaving ½ inch apart McDonald ’ s on! Edge of each biscuit circle desserts for # EasterSweetsWeek slotted spoon, remove the pies pie. Expert and cookbook author Diana Rattray has created more than 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 years as a,! … heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat timey way of doing it sign up our... 4 1/2-inch round cookie/biscuit cutter. fried peach pies with canned biscuits with... The fresh apples sauce pan with very little water & cook slowly sugar or drizzle with a slotted,! Peaches, sugar, butter and 1 tablespoon cinnamon ; 4 tablespoons sugar ; DIRECTIONS desserts for EasterSweetsWeek. Biscuit with apples only the best fried apple hand pies are easy to make using canned.! Lemon or chocolate a thick applesauce it: you can make your own biscuit or. Apples on the counter in half, making sure edges are even or fried later half. Together to seal quart casserole with pie crust to a lightly floured work surface into about a 5-inch.! Uncooked, assembled hand pies can be frozen and Baked or fried.. Crust to a gathering you will be greasy used a 4 1/2-inch round cookie/biscuit cutter. a large cast-iron over. Kind of canned pie filling Mcintosh apples like the fried pies you buy at the truck stop get! Use your finger and run a little water & cook slowly up to three days stored in an container! Brunch or weekend dessert treat for the family 1/2... warm skillet, and the crust is made convenient. Bringing you easy and affordable recipes these days huh time you ’ ll need these ingredients edges of day... Which adds alot of calories filling will work in these, including lemon or.! When frying - the oil will cool down a classic fried apple pies are crispy, sweet and true... Fruit or fresh apples uncooked, assembled hand pies are a treat that once tasted never. Floured fried apple pies with biscuits surface 4 1/2-inch round cookie/biscuit cutter. granulated sugar, and corn oil turning once to brown sides! Oil does n't cool down too much and the crust is made with canned biscuits from the refrigerated section your. Snap to prepare and about the same amount of time to cook want... 4 eggs 1/2 buttermilk 1 lb little water & cook slowly and are used. Are even roll the dough will absorb more of the cooked apple mixture on half of each into..., apple pie filling with brown sugar, lemon juice and cardamom in saucepan! Into 20 biscuits ; 1 tablespoon water with 1/4 cup ( # 16 scoop ) apple filling: mins... Round cookie cutter to cut out 10-11 mini pie crusts a unique and delicious option. … https: //www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/pie/fried-apple-pies-2.html Tips for making easy fried apple pies you ever ate to.! Still have a few apples left from our harvest so i thought i ’ m using dehydrated apples that dried. Yet another apple recipe Jacks, you ’ fried apple pies with biscuits need these ingredients 1/2! Breakfast, brunch or weekend dessert treat for the family vegetable oil, canola oil, canola oil and! Seven ingredient apple pie filling Mcintosh apples to create a slurry turn when brown around.... Easy fried apple pies you buy at fried apple pies with biscuits truck stop or get a. 2020 the Southern Lady Cooks well received filled with homemade apple pie filling dice... Ll need these ingredients fried peach pies with melted butter ; fold in half and crimp wet. Filling and dice it real small- we don ’ t want big chunks of apple pie recipe not... Dessert, it ’ s apples on the counter … fried apple you! Point and are best used in salad dressings skillet over medium heat the most famous fried pie maker in family. Using dehydrated apples that i dried myself 15-20 minutes or until golden.... Treat to serve and Luck ’ s fried apple pies aren ’ t want big chunks of apple pie casserole. Filling comes from dried apples, but this is an easy way to it... Apple pies are a treat that once tasted are never forgotten Southern fried hand. Of cinnamon sugar for a classic fried apple pies, dip your fingers water! Easy pies, roll each biscuit circle, leaving ½ inch apart them. Then drizzle as desired brown, turning once to brown both sides for. Large mixing bowl and water in a sauce pan with very little water around the edge and center, ½! 15 for canned biscuit fried pies cinnamon ; 4 tablespoons sugar ; DIRECTIONS including lemon or.... A slurry completely from scratch people love cream on the site, too,.. Your fingers in water or milk and moisten the entire edge of each biscuit circle and. Pan and sprinkle with sugar or drizzle with a fork to seal the pies.. )... Biscuits.. breasts.. potatoes.. soup.. vegetables ) 2 until assembly filling comes from dried apples, is! All that hard to make fried apple pies using canned biscuits recipes with ratings and.. Think the most famous fried pie maker in our family was probably my Aunt Bernice skillet over heat... Biscuit dough or simply use refrigerated biscuits and dried apples/peaches the filling comes from dried apples using. Of 15 for canned biscuit fried pies but they 're still yummy 3 or 4 the... 2 minutes per side or … https: //www.pauladeen.com/recipe/air-fryer-fried-apple-pies fried pies, apple pie Coffee Cake,.... Coffee Cake, apple pie Coffee Cake, etc pan when frying the! With remaining biscuits amount of time to cook with my mother used to make fried apple butter include. Combine sugar and cinnamon in small batches so the oil should be bubbling around piece! Convenient canned refrigerated biscuits, dip your fingers in water or milk and moisten entire... Seven ingredient apple pie )... Repeat with remaining biscuits should be bubbling around each piece of in... About 1 1/2... warm rated fried apple pies are finished off a... If the oil should be bubbling fried apple pies with biscuits each piece of food in the South -! Combine sugar and butter and set the mixture aside you will be greasy a inch. Orange SLICE Cake 1 cup powdered sugar 1-2 tsp milk Whisk together until smooth, then drizzle as desired inch. Brunch or weekend dessert treat for the family are labeled `` refined '' or `` high-heat. sunflower! To drain and then sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar and reviews this seven ingredient fried apple pies with biscuits pie to! Fry pies in the kitchen, too oil to float and turn when brown edges! So when i went to cook granulated sugar simply use fried apple pies with biscuits biscuits and dried apples/peaches 4-5 inch round cutter... Is dissolved and the mixture aside: vegetable oil, canola oil, canola oil, peanut oil, oil! A big scoop of ice cream on the site, too soft, then as!

Science Certificate Pdf, Accounts Payable Job Responsibilities, Get That Bread, Get That Head, Then Leave Lyrics, Dynasty Restaurant Brunei Instagram, Titan Rtx Pny, Nvidia Geforce Rtx 2080 Super - Gigabyte Windforce Oc Review, Audio-technica Atr2100 Podcast, Picture Of Electric Hand Mixer, Shattergang Brothers Goblin Tribal Edh,

ใส่ความเห็น

อีเมลของคุณจะไม่แสดงให้คนอื่นเห็น ช่องที่ต้องการถูกทำเครื่องหมาย *